"Skinny type with no appetite"

From Boston to Italy: I'm back!


There was a moment in my life when I got addicted to Sex and the City. It wasn’t only about the story, there was something about the way Carrie was writing her articles about what was happing around her, the inspiration she took from “real life”, that attracted me. I’ve always loved writing and many times thought about writing a story, a novel may be, but I never started until the blog and Boston happened. Now, it is time for me to come back and try to do what I truly like: writing my thoughts, the ones which come to my mind while I living my life out there, in the world!

Today I was walking back to my car after work and I noticed something, that has always been in front of my eyes but never really realized the peculiarity of this phenomena: Italian girls are all so skinny!

I mean, it’s really difficult to find a girl who is not good shaped or even fat. So, for us girls it is really hard out there, cause there is this “pressure” to be like all the others, it’s a kind of competition. I must admit, I’m the first one wanting to be fit! And when I get to the point that I believe I reached my goal, I look around and all the girls are like me, or better! How is it even possible? I work out as much as I can in a week, are they all doing the same? Or are they all on a diet? Is it the metabolism?
There must be something going on here. But what?
We sure are the country of Fashion, but are we really going to believe that a beautiful body is all that matters? Are we all going to be the “skinny type with no appetite” as in the Black Eyed Peas’ song, or there will be a point when we will realize that it is not all about the appearance? That working out and doing sports is good but more for our health rather than for our sex appeal? Sports are made to make you happy, to have fun, to create a feeling of belonging when you are in a team, and to keep you open-air and not in front of the TV or a laptop. 
Fitness is something you do for yourself not for the others.


My advice? Do whatever makes you feel good, amazing, happy! Care less about the rest of the world, live life less seriously, be crazy and be foolish! At the end is the smile on your face that will matter!


Xo xo 
Camilla

2 comments: