Leben - My first Halloween in the US


Hello everyone, 

here in the US are so many events going on before and after Halloween. 

My first Impression I got of Halloween was in "Salem". 
I visited this town last weekend and it was a really nice experience. 

Salem is a town celebrating Halloween. 
You can call it the "Halloween town"!




It was impressive that it was not Halloween, but people already waled in the streets dressed for Halloween.
While exploring the city I got a good feeling of Halloween. 
"Spooky, Scarry, and Funny"!

Here are some impressions of Salem: 











We just saw this beautiful car. 
And then this..





Certificate to be a witch!

Do you see the witch? 

The typical Halloween activities are trick-or-treating, costume parties, decorating, carving pumpkins, visiting haunted attractions, watching horror films etc!

Trick-or-treating: I did kind of trick or treating. I was walking in the streets and was gazing at the decorations. At one place they even told us to get some sweets. So funny we are no kids anymore, we were not dressed in costume, but they invited us to get some sweets. So nice. 
I can say I did something similar like "trick-or-treating".

Carving pumpkins: Sadly I did not carve a pumpkin, but I did see some beautiful ones on the streets. 
Some classmates of me did an impressive job. Look for yourself:



Visiting haunted attractions: I sadly did not do any haunted attraction in Salem.

Watching a horror movie: I have to do that. 
Which movie would you recommend? 

Costume party: Yes, I went to a costume party yesterday at Gypsybar in Boston.

It was a really beautiful club and everybody was dressed up for Halloween. Some people had really crazy costumes. One person was dressed as a robot (huge robot), some people were bunnies, cats etc.
 I would say in America you see more skin than in Europe on Halloween and on a normal weekend-day out. People here party a little bit different. I would say they "party hard" here. 
In Germany its a little bit more relaxed and mostly everybody is caring for not dancing crazy. 

Gypsybar is a club with good music and lights. Its a really good location. 
I would definitely go there another time. 
It was really crowded, but I think that's just because of this special Halloween event yesterday

All in all Halloween here was a really good and unique experience!

In Germany we have some few kids walking in the streets doing "trick-or-treating".
I think it swapped to Germany because we had some American bases and American people were celebrating it in Germany. But in Germany it is not a big event, just few people do celebrate Halloween. Nightclubs and Shops do use Halloween for special events, because it´s good marketing for them. 
But all in all Halloween here in the US is something really special!

Halloween was a great experience for me here in the US. 

Love life.
Liebe das Leben.

Christina.





  


No comments:

Post a Comment