Be Witched!

Halloween is in the air



Yesterday I went to Salem - Ma. I'm familiar with the city because of History classes, back in time. 
Unluckily I didn't manage to discover more about what happened there, what really was and meant this Witch Hysteria (I'll probably go back another time, it's just a 30 minutes run from Boston North Station), but I enjoyed the atmosphere! In Salem was and is already Halloween! I was surrounded by people in customs. I felt like a Carnival day, the way we celebrate in Italy. I bought a combo ticket for some truistic attractions: Frankenstein Castle, the Wax Museum, the Witch House and for a Spelling Experience. that was fun, but is something that children will enjoy much more!
Sometimes I just hope to could go back in time and be a kid again! They were all having so much fun! They are still able to enjoy the simple things of life!
Salem is also the birth place of Nathaniel Hawthorne, you might know hime for his work The Scarlet Letter, and I was able to see the House of Seven Gables, but only from the outside!



























In these days, people are starting getting ready for Halloween, which I'm really looking forward, and we are going to talk about it on our blog. 
In the US is a big tradition, and a big fantasy from everybody all around the world to have Halloween here. We do celebrate it in Italy, but not in the same way. I will tell you about that.
So, stay tuned!!

Xo Xo Camilla

2 comments:

  1. I hope to read soon your opinion about the differences between the celebration in us and in Italy.

    ReplyDelete