Leben - Today is a special day.

Today is a special day. 

New Boston Girl - for 2 moths already. 

I can´t believe that today I have been in Boston for 2 months!
Exactly on August 22nd I arrived in Boston.
Time flies so fast!

I already experienced a lot of interesting things, for example: 

  • "The American Way of Life" Fast-food, Subway, Mc Donalds, Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory.
  • A beautiful weekend in Cape Cod and especially at Martha´s Vineyard - a lovely place you have to visit!



  • My first Baseball Game "Red Sox" against "Blue Jays" - Going to a Red Sox game is a must when you visit Boston

  • Boston Ballet at Boston Common - nice event and makes me interested to see the "Nutcracker" 



  • "Whale Watching" (sadly did not see any whales) - 4 hour tour. although haven't seen any whale it was really exciting to see Boston from this perspective


  • Adirondack "Indian Summer" (sadly Acadia National Park was closed because of the "Shutdown") - beautiful landscape




  • Blue Man Group - Really good show. Something you must have seen when you are in Boston. Student rush tickets are 30$.



  • Wrentham Outlets - cheap shopping. I don´t have to say anything - I am a woman.  
  • Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum - small museum, very nice furniture and a beautiful garden 
  • Freedom Trail - is a must do! You can walk every sight in one day! Do it. 
  • Havard & MIT - everyone in Boston have to go there! I must tell the truth UMass Boston has definitely a better spot at the seaside. I love walking to university every day - I love the view. 
  • Kayak at UMass Boston - always fun, you have to try it!


Food: 
  • first American "Hot Dog"@ RedSox Game - have imagined it being more special. 
  • first American "Burger"@Whiskeys - was really tasty - I would love to eat more, but I definitely have to pay attention to my figure. Here in the USA you get so many "sweet sins" (cheesecake, donuts etc). 
  • first "Pumpkin-beer" in Adirondack - nothing special.
  • first Dinner at "Dicks last resort"- funny, another type of dinner. 

  • first American "nightlife experience" at "Bijou" - Compared to German nightclubs there is nothing special and no big difference. Entrance fee is really expensive here compared to Germany. I payed 35$ for Bijou, in Germany I would have payed for a comparable club maybe 10€. Nightlife here in Boston (USA) is definitely pricier. 

As you can see I did some few things, but I still have to discover more. 
If you have any advice, insider tips, invitations, feel free to comment or contact me directly. 
I am happy about every advice. 

I have a lot of plans for the future time: 
  • first football game UMass vs. Western Michigan
  • Salem "experience Halloween"
  • baseball game (Boston Celtics vs. New York Knicks)
  • Nutcracker (I am already excited for Christmas time)
  • Buffalo, Toronto, Niagara falls 
  • New York 
  • visit more museums 
  • ...

What I can tell you so far about Boston:

Boston is a very clean and beautiful international city! I fell in love with it in the first few days and visits. It has its own unique flair and a lot of contrasts that I love!

When you are visiting downtown you can see historic buildings besides new fashionable skyscrapers. 
Look for yourselves: 







You can see people from all over the world, it is so diverse here. Not only downtown but also at the university. I got to know people from China, India, Russia, Philippines etc. 
People here are so friendly. I love it. 

Having all this beautiful moments you are realizing that it is special and you would love to share this moments with friends and family. Imagine having them here and spending time together would be amazing. 

Times flies so fast. I can´t believe that in a little bit less than three months I have to leave this beautiful place. 

But until then I have a lot to do and experience. 
I am glad for every person I met, at university, at the subway or just walking by.
When doing an semester abroad you are on one´s one and have a different view of people. It is really enriching and strengthening.

Love life.
Liebe das Leben.

Christina.


A special greeting to my friends and family at home. I would love to have you here and share all my experiences with you.  











No comments:

Post a Comment