Hot Hot Hot

Fall calls for warm beverages to keep you nice and toasty.

I love my teas, and I indulge in many cups during the fall and winter seasons. I have several favorite Tea/Coffee Shops here in Boston and I would love to share them with you. 

Some you will know, and maybe a few will be new. Take a look!


1. Tealux : Brattle St Cambridge

You can find this super cool teeny tea shop in Harvard Square. I was introduced to this tea shop this fall by my awesome boyfriend who thought I'd love it - bingo! The selection is huge and the loose tea is stored in what looks like little catalog drawers (like the kind you see in libraries). 

The aura of the place is very vintage, relaxed and somber. Remember, because it is really small there isn't too many places to sit - so it is nice if you just want a tea to go. The store isn't as small as Teavanna stores and the staff isn't snooty like the ones at Teavanna either. I guess I am trying to say it is better than Teavanna, so stop going there - try something new

Plus Harvard square is such a great place to be, I love the vibe there.




2. David's Tea 298 Washington St

David's tea is SPUNKY. Yup Spunky. You are promptly greeted by staff that is super-duper happy that you want tea. Some may like this, and all the grumpy pants out there may not. This eagerness from the staff is good if you have no idea about tea and or want to try something new. You can ask to smell and sample teas before you purchase a cup, don't be afraid to ask.

What I love most about this place is the names of the teas!

My first cup of tea was called " Read My Lips", and today I bought "New Delhi Delight" - it was AWFUL. It tasted like a curry chicken rub, I honestly just chose it for the name and the fact that it was being discontinued- I didn't want to miss out. But it is so cool that they come up with unique tastes like that, and someone must like it right?...Maybe not, it is going to be off the shelves soon.

This Tea Shop is very opposite to Tealux when it comes to atmosphere.....If they were women Tealux would be the quiet hipster girl who has a 24 GB ipod full of all the music phases she's been through since 8th grade, but also really loves to read. David's Tea is a "type A" sorority girl who studied fashion design during her semester abroad in Europe and is probably going back next year.



3. Jaho Coffee: 1651 Washington St


HEY LOOK IT'S MY COFFEE SHOP!....I wish!

 Jaho Coffee not only has the best name for a coffee/tea shop but it also has a great selection of tea and coffees. You can get one of those coffees with the pretty foam designs on top that you see everywhere, or a simple espresso. And they have Zodiac Tea - this place was literally made for me. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love astrology, numerology and all that cosmic awesomeness.

You can also get a a bite to eat here; they have bagels, sandwiches and soups. This is a nice environment to get work done because there are chairs, booths and a bar. Check this place out - not too many people know about it and it's way better than Starbucks. 




Don't just go to Starbucks because it's "classy" or Dunkins because America runs on it ( sadly ). Don't be a basic b-word when it comes to the places you go for a cup of coffee/tea. Switch things up. Now you have three new options, try them out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment