New York: The Girls and the City


Italians in Country Jungle!



Before the post about fashion, which I know you are all looking forward, I need to tell you about my trip to New York City!! The City!!
Remembered what I told you about my expectation about the US and everything was about Movies and Tv shows?! Ok, let’s say that I’m one of the biggest fan of Sex and the City, Friends and How I Met Your Mother. Moreover, I used to watch Gossip Girl, Will and Grace, The Nanny, ANTM, and Project Runway. That’s still nothing because a huge amount of movies I watched in my life are set in New York.
New York is The Big Apple (“la Grande Mela”), it’s a dream, it’s a song, it’s where couples go on their honeymoon. It is so far away that you cannot believe you are really going there and making everybody home so jealous!!!!
I felt the attraction; it is a city with a real appeal. I spent three days walking and walking and walking (my legs are still hurting) and feeling like I was in one of these movies!
I walked over the Brooklyn Bridge (http://cultrend.blogspot.com/2013/10/when-dreams-come-true.html, the pic I posted from there), where Miranda rejoined Steven, in Sex and The City the Movie.




I took the ferry to Staten Island to get close to the Statue of Liberty and I went touching the Charging Bull in Wall Street. Do people touch it to good luck? I actually don’t know, but I did it anyway, you’ll never know! 
I wondered in Chinatown, Little Italy (obviously) and Soho; I need to get back there to do some real shopping! I headed to 66 Perry Street (http://cultrend.blogspot.com/2013/10/66-perry-street.html) dreaming of meeting Carrie and reached Times Square at night, which actually was so bright that you can believe it’s still day! 

I enjoyed walking in Central Park, taking pictures and looking at people running and riding, on a Sunday morning, they must have done nuts!
What’s wrong with you New Yorkers?! You should sleep on, not go running! Sundays are to relax, didn’t anybody tell you that?
The leaves of trees were changing colors and squirrels were all over the place; actually, they had a crazy look in their eyes, so weird! I wanted to go to the zoo (does Madagascar sound familiar?), but there was not enough time. I walked along the 5th Avenue and I would have loved to do some shopping at Tiffany, Prada, Saks, Banana Republic etc. 






I witness to the preparation of Rockefeller ice ring, where I will absolutely go on Christmas Time, and I reached the sky (literally) on Top of The Rock: the view is something indescribable. 


















I went to the Central Station, where Serena Van Der Woodsen has been spotted at the real beginning of Gossip Girl. I randomly walked across Parsons School of Design (http://cultrend.blogspot.com/2013/10/project-runway.html), oh my gosh I love Project Runway! I watch and judge all the outfits the stylists create and it is thanks to this program that I know who Michael Korks is. Here in the US he seems to be a real fashion icon!
I visited the MOMA, which felt so fashionable and cultural at the same time. I was astonished by works from: Picasso, Van Gogh, Warhol, Rousseau, Dali, Pollock (the painting also showed in Mona Lisa Smile, if you are familiar with) and so on and on.. 

New york is just amazing! I loved his architecture and I saw the most gorgeous skyscrapers I will ever see in my life. It is also really crowded. I was imagining how it would be to live there and working in one of the many office in the center of Manhattan: it would be like crazy, in every single word meaning! It would probably be a great experience but I will not choose to permanently live in Manhattan. It is difficult to share your own City with so many tourist and strangers.
I believe that you must be born in Manhattan to really know how to live there, how to understand the city, to feel the city, or if not born at least meant to be there.

Unfortunately I have a bad note and review about the Big Apple: his subway! The most horrible I have ever seen! Not organized, you never know when a train is coming, you cannot sit anywhere while waiting and it’s quite dirty! Now I understand why people choose to take a taxi, even if the traffic is like foolish!
 
Next time I’m going there it will be all about: shopping, shopping and shopping!
Then I could think about going to Guggenheim and MET! I love fashion but I’m also a cultural person, true story.
 And what else? Any suggestion? Should I try a club? Or go to eat somewhere particular? Or have a drink in a cool bar? Or, or, or, a lot of or for a big city! A lot of opportunities too, I hope!
 
Ending this story, guess what is my dream about New York…Fashion Week! And then I will live happily ever after!

xo xo Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment