Leben - USA the fashion of contrast


USA the fashion of contrasts 


Camilla and Livja already told you something about fashion. 
Now it´s my turn. *Yeah*.

What do you have to expect from this post? 
I will talk about my fashion impressions here in the US. 

What might be more interesting for our American followers: 

What is the style in Germany? 


No! We are not like that every day!
You will see later on. 



AMERICA

What was my first impression when I saw people on the street of Boston?
I thought: 
People here dress really different.
It is a "war" between:

sweatpants vs. high heels
indoor dress vs. high fashion 



I walked in the city and was watching beautiful woman in the streets of downtown. It is not unusual to see actually really well dressed girls. They could be showing up at all these fashion magazines like Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Glamour or InStyle. 

It was a really impressive feeling walking in the streets of Boston. As you might know I come from a normal/small sized city in Germany called "Fulda". 
In my town you would only see normal/casual dressed people. If you go out with a skirt people are staring at you, because they are not used to it. Here in the US it is normal! 

But if you compare Frankfurt and Boston, you would not find any big difference. 
Fashion in metropolises is really similar.





But if you compare UNIVERSITY FASHION it is a BIG DIFFERENCE, as I mentioned before. 
US American students and people are really into BIG CONTRASTS!

You can see people at University who look like the people at the pictures above. 
Either you are really into comfy cloth or really into fashion!

Here are also casual styled people, but the CONTRAST is big here. 

IN GERMANY THERE WOULD NOT BE THIS BIG CONTRAST! 
I was sometimes really shocked as I saw some girls walking at the university. They were wearing really short cloths. I would have imagined this style suitable for nightlife but not for university. 

WHAT IS REALLY IMPRESSING is this BIG CONTRAST! 
I can´t compare it to Frankfurt universities, maybe people are dressing more shortly, too. 



GERMANS 

I would say Germans dress every day casual, but really over thought. 
You see people who everything is matching perfectly from toe to hair. 
 They have their nail polish perfectly fitting to their handbag. 
I would say Germans are really perfectionists.  

But when I would give you a picture of a German style it would be this:


jeans, shirt, blazer, sneakers.

But you can´t really generalize a style of a whole country. But I would say Germany are casual stylish. 
I personally like that style. 

No-Go´s in Germany would be: 
sweatpants 
overdressed





SHOES

Camilla introduced lately her fashion opinion about European and American shoes. 
I will continue with other type of shoes. 

PUMPS & HIGH HEELS 

High heels/Pumps in Germany are mostly simple. 
What do I mean by that? 
You will see dark (black, brown, darkblue) or some few bright (crémé coloured) heels. 

German Heels

I was one day shopping at Cambridge Side Galleria, a lovely shopping center. I saw a really cool shop. Sadly I don´t know the name anymore. 
But I remember the heels very well!

They were really different to what I know from Germany. 
They were really adorable.

But I questioned myself  "WHO CAN REALLY WALK WITH THIS SHOES?"
They were incredibly high. 
For me this type of shoes would be just decoration or shoes which you can just wear when you sit all the time. 

We call them :
"Schuhe zum sitzen und schön aussehen" = "Shoes to sit and look pretty!"

What is the second remarkable style of heels? 
You have the "most decorated heels", what I have seen so far. 

Some similar examples:






What is really fascinating girls in Boston really wear this kind of heels in downtown. 
But you have to admit just few can really walk nicely with this kind of heels. 
I saw sometimes girls who really could not walk in these heels. 
But some do!
 And I have RESPECT when girls can walk really nicely in this American type of heels. 


As you can see women in Germany prefer a smaller heel height. 
I feel comfortable in the "German height of heels". I think I would break my legs wearing one of these heels above. 

I like wearing heels, but I usually have a flat pair of shoes with me when I go out.
I would not like just sitting and looking good, because I love to dance and with these heels you can´t dance the whole night.  
I prefer wearing heels 2-3 hours and then change. 


To fashionistas in the US: 
How can you survive a night in these heels? 
I would love to hear your secrets. 


Love life.
Liebe das Leben.

Christina.


Stay tuned for Christina´s lovely shoes and  
fashion for cold days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment